Boeing has warned of layoffs in its Space Launch System moon rocket program, saying it expects to have about 400 fewer positions in line with revisions to NASA's Artemis program and cost expectations.
The Seattle-based aerospace manufacturer said it will issue 60-day notices of involuntary layoffs to the affected employees in the coming weeks.
"We are working with our customer and seeking opportunities to redeploy employees across our company to minimize job losses," a Boeing spokesperson said via email.
The Artemis program, which is estimated to cost $93 billion (AED 341 trillion) through 2025, was established by the US space agency during the first administration of President Donald Trump. It represents the flagship American effort to return astronauts to the moon for the first time since NASA's Apollo 17 mission.
The program, however, has had significant delays and rising costs.
Artemis 2, previously planned for late 2024 and involving a crewed flight around the moon, is now scheduled for September 2025. Artemis 3, planned as the first astronaut moon landing under the program, is now planned for September 2026, delayed from late 2025.
US President Donald Trump announced late on Tuesday he was putting a three-day pause on new 50 per cent tariffs set to go into effect on Canadian goods at midnight, saying the two countries had reached a deal.
A coalition of US states suing Meta Platforms over claims Facebook and Instagram were designed in ways that harmed young users' mental health began making its case on Tuesday in California federal court in a trial that could reshape some of the most popular apps on the planet.
Nakheel, a member of Dubai Holding Real Estate, has begun handing over 892 homes at Jebel Ali Village, which is expected to be home to approximately 5,500 residents.
The Indian state of Maharashtra has suspended the licences of four Domino's outlets after reporting grease residue in pizza-making machines and insect infestations, the latest move in an intensifying crackdown by food regulators.
XRG, ADNOC’s international energy investment company, has announced its entry into Venezuela through the award of the offshore Loran licence, and the transfer of interest in the licence by PDVSA Gas.