Two blasts near electoral candidates' offices in Pakistan's southwestern province of Balochistan killed 26 people and injured dozens, local officials said on Wednesday, raising concerns over security in the lead up to Thursday's polls.
The first attack, which killed 14, took place at the office of an independent election candidate in Pishin district. The second explosion in Qilla Saifullah, a town near the Afghan border, detonated near an office of Jamiat Ulema Islam (JUI), a religious party that has previously been the target of militant attacks, according to the province's information minister.
At least 10 people were killed there, he said.
It was not immediately clear who was behind the attacks. Several groups, including the Pakistani Taliban and separatist groups from Balochistan, oppose the Pakistani state and have carried out attacks in recent months.
"The Election Commission has asked the chief secretary and inspector general of Balochistan for immediate reports and instructed them to take action against those behind the events," an Election Commission spokesperson said in a statement.
Khanzai Hospital, close to the site of the explosion in Pishin, gave the death toll as 14 and said more than two dozen were injured. The deputy commissioner of Pishin district, Jumma Dad Khan, said that the blast had injured many people.
The attacks came as political parties wrapped up their campaigning in the quiet period mandated by electoral rules the day before the election.

Netanyahu officially asks Israeli president for pardon
Pope Leo takes peace message to Lebanon, target of Israeli strikes
Tropical storm deaths top 600 in Southeast Asia
Death toll hits 212 as Sri Lanka struggles with Cyclone Ditwah impact
Mourners flock to site of deadly Hong Kong blaze as 146 confirmed dead
