An apparent drone strike started a fire at a fuel storage facility in the Crimean port city of Sevastopol on Saturday, the Moscow-installed governor there said.
The fire was still burning but it had been contained and no one was injured, Mikhail Razvozhaev said.
"The four fuel tanks that were hit, they are practically burnt out already," he said in a video posted on his Telegram channel.
Sevastopol, on the Crimean peninsula that Russia annexed from Ukraine in 2014, has come under repeated air attacks since Russia invaded the country as a whole in February 2022.
Russian officials have blamed the attacks on Ukraine.
A Ukrainian military intelligence official said more than 10 tanks of oil products with capacity of around 40,000 tonnes were destroyed, RBC Ukraine reported.
The official, Andriy Yusov, did not claim Ukraine was responsible for the explosion.


Global airlines race to fix A320 jets after Airbus recall
Death toll in Sri Lanka rises to 153 after Cyclone Ditwah
Hong Kong mourns victims of blaze that killed 128 and counting
Vast Russian overnight attack on Ukraine kills two, wounds dozens
Indonesia flood death toll climbs to 303 amid cyclone devastation
