Russia launched a major drone attack on Ukraine overnight, hitting infrastructure facilities in the south and north of the country, the Ukrainian military said on Saturday.
Ukraine air defence shot down 29 out of 38 Iranian-made Shahed drones launched from Russian territory, the air force said.
The air force said in a statement the attack on many Ukrainian regions lasted from 8 p.m. (10 p.m. GST) on Friday to 4 a.m. (6 a.m. GST) on Saturday.
The South military command said an energy infrastructure facility was hit in the southern Odesa region. An administrative building was also damaged, and one civilian was wounded in the strike, it said in a statement on the Telegram messaging app.
In Ukraine's northern Chernihiv region on the border with Russia and Belarus, two infrastructure buildings were damaged during the overnight strike, the military said.
The drones also targeted Kyiv in the second attack so far this month, officials said, adding that all drones heading to the capital were shot down on the approach.


Putin says Ukraine opened 'Pandora's box' with strikes on economic targets
Israel strikes southern Syria, Damascus condemns attack
EU sends helicopters, firefighters to Serbia to tackle wildfires
Canada to impose retaliatory tariffs across a raft of US sectors
Several dead after UK police car crash, police say
