The UAE has strongly condemned the assassination attempt on President of Ecuador Daniel Noboa after his convoy was attacked by protesters in a rural town.
Videos showed protesters pelting the convoy with rocks and cracking windows as the vehicles sped by.
The government said five people were detained after the incident and that Noboa's car had evidence of "bullet damage".
The five detained were accused of attempted murder and terrorism by the government, though the prosecutor's office changed the charges to "resistance" at the Wednesday hearing. However, they were later released by the judge, who ruled that their detention had been illegal and in violation of due process.
In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) affirmed the UAE’s solidarity with Ecuador's President and his family, as well as with the government following the attempt on Tuesday.
The Ministry reiterated the UAE's unwavering rejection of all forms of violence and terrorism aimed at undermining security and stability.
UAE Strongly Condemns Assassination Attempt on President of Ecuadorhttps://t.co/CJzEoNJKuc pic.twitter.com/DNPSL3C8ay
— MoFA وزارة الخارجية (@mofauae) October 9, 2025

UAE halts all trade and financial transactions with Iran
UAE air defences detect two ballistic missiles
UAE says situation is safe after missile threat
UAE condemns Israeli raids on Syrian military airbase
